22/11/2012

Preliminary Task: Planning my magazine

Colour Schemes:

My school's uniform is green and yellow themed, with this in mind I have chosen green to be my main colour of my school magazine. I wanted to produce a magazine for the Sixth Form section of the school so that means I'm straying away from the regal and classic colours like Gold and instead going for a more trendy and casual colours. I've come to the decision of using a mixture of greens with one other main colour (for example purple or blue) for my colour scheme with a white or black font.
Here is my first colour scheme design idea:

Here is my second colour scheme design idea:

My personal preference is to go with the purple, as I believe it seems a bit less formal, it actually sits well with the green and looks like they should fit together however the blue seems like it stands out too much and takes away from the green, also the white font is far easier on the eye and easier to read than the black. My chosen colour scheme is Green for the background colour, purple for the secondary body colour and a white font.

Font Styles:

I'm looking for a Sans Serif font as I'm looking for an informal and more casual magazine look as it's targeted at Sixth Form students (Aged 16 - 18) rather than having the formal magazine targeted at the parents of the students which would most likely have Serif font.
Here are four Sans Serif fonts from top to bottom: Coolvetica, AgencyFB, Compass and Sansation. I think that Coolvetica is slightly too thick and bold to be used as a font throughout a magazine. AgencyFB is a good font in my opinion, it's rigid but still looks casual and trendy with a slight futuristic look to it. Compass looks like a font that would be on make up packaging, a bit too feminine. Sansation is also a nice font but think over personal preference I'm going to choose AgencyFB as it's thinner and looks more modern and not very mainstream, the other forms all look a bit similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment